Community activists including the Our Water Campaign urged the moratorium, citing — in part — contamination hazards that may materialize in stagnant water that collects during a shut-off. Ms. Gross said the cold-weather timing of the PWSA moratorium would mirror that at other utilities. She noted that some home heating systems depend on radiators, which need water to operate.
- Protesters Want Officials to Come Clean on Deal to Attract Amazon
- Activists call on officials to release Pittsburgh’s Amazon bid
- Activists call on Pittsburgh officials to release Amazon bid, include residents in economic development decisions
- Pittsburgh residents and advocates want city leaders to make sure Amazon would bring equitable development
- Pittsburgh residents call on city leaders to make Amazon HQ2 bid public